On Saturday, April 12, the 2014-2015 NSNA Board Of Directors were voted into office during the 62nd Annual Convention in Nashville, Tennessee.
Following elections, the new officers were installed during the closing session of the House of Delegates meeting. The Board of Directors sets policy and direction for the association between meetings of the House of Delegates. They also hold the fiduciary responsibility for the association. Click here for a list of the newly elected officials.
In June, the Board will travel to New York City for the annual June orientation and Board Meeting. During this time, they will participate in team-building exercises and hold meetings for the various Program Activities Committees, where they will discuss and select their goals for the coming year.
Board Meeting Highlights
On June 11-12, they met for the Board Meeting. The following highlights their actions:
- Accepted/approved the following minutes: April 1, 2013 Board of Directors Meeting and the April 7, 2013 Board of Directors Meeting.
- Accepted reports from the following committees: Finance, Imprint and Image of Nursing, Legislation/Education, Membership, Convention and Program Planning, Breakthrough to Nursing, Community Health/Disaster Preparedness, Bylaws and Policies, Global Initiatives in Nursing, and the State Presidents’ update.
- Approved the following changes to the Council of State Presidents (COSP) Policies and Procedures:
- Added, effective immediately: “In the event that a committee member is not funded by their state to attend, they are responsible for funding their attendance to the COSP that they have committed to plan.”
- Removed, no longer in effect: “NSNA members who are elected as COSP Planning Committee chair while serving as state president must remain as state president for at least one half of the term of COSP Planning Committee service (6 months).”
- Approved the appointment of the 2013-2014 Resolutions Committee and Imprint reporters.
- Appointed NSNA Director Katerina Raiser as the Board representative for the NSNA Summer Leadership Conference.
- Selected Dallas, TX as the Annual Convention site for the 2017 NSNA Annual Convention.
The next meeting of the Board of Directors takes place on November 4-5, 2013 during the MidYear Career Planning Conference in Louisville, KY.